POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Headless nude (0/1) : Re: Headless nude (1/1) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Headless nude (1/1)
From: IMBJR
Date: 8 Sep 2002 14:51:14
Message: <jo6nnughi3ngrjml71a5h1h7mko6b11dfe@4ax.com>
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 19:23:33 +0200, "Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr>
wrote:

>etomnuofebrufqfu64rq0ujg33hqf7ar73@4ax.com...
>
>> Mesh2 objects don't appear to support that feature.
>
>Hmm, the newer version of a 3D format missing a basic feature that was
>already in the previous version... If I were you, I'd check the pigment{}
>statement, I heard that they forgot that "color" keyword in the 3.5 release
>;-)

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened! (in other products that
is!).

>Kidding apart, it seems that your model has normals indeed (otherwise it
>would appear much worse than than) but it looks as if the model was deformed
>without taking normals into account.

I think OBJuvPOV may need some of its settings tweaking.

I eventually did come across a reference to normals in the mesh2
documentation - but I assumed OBJuvPOV was correctly dealing with
them. Also, I believe the facetted effect is not so bad if area lights
are not used - or so it would seem when switching between the 2 types
when prototyping.

http://www.imbjr.com